How to Make a Storytelling Video
A basic overview of creating an interview-style video from start to finish.
What’s in the course?
Video 1 - The Interview
- Tips on selecting an interview subject.
- Selecting and setting up your camera.
- Basic overview of natural lighting.
- Basic overview of artificial lighting (includes basic three-point lighting setup).
- Selecting audio equipment (on a budget).
- General tips for interviewing.
Video 2 - B-roll
- What is b-roll?
- What do you shoot for b-roll?
- How to make the most out of a seemingly boring setting.
- 5 tips for shooting b-roll.
Video 3 - Editing
- How to organize your footage for editing.
- First steps in editing with Premiere.
- My basic approach to editing.
- How and where to find music.
- Selecting an export setting.
It’s for you if:
- You want to improve your confidence in creating great content.
- You're not sure where to start when making a video.
- You feel lost when it comes to camera settings.
- You don’t know what camera you need to make something great.
- You don’t know how to make your lighting look better.
- You don’t know how to make your audio sound better.
- You wonder how to make your video more interesting visually.
- You’re stumped on what to shoot for b-roll.
- You don’t know what b-roll even is.
Nate Pfeil is an Emmy-nominated videographer and storyteller who has been creating videos since 2008.
He specializes in helping organizations tell their story through video, whether that's through a broadcast commercial, an "About Us" video for the web, or a testimonial of their product or services.
You can see samples of his work here.